VISIT PETERBOROUGH AND CAMBRIDGESHIRE
The city of Peterborough hides a wealth of history just waiting to be uncovered. Visit Flag Fen - where archaeologists found the oldest wheel in Britain - and then fast forward a few centuries to discover our 'new' 12th century haunted cathedral with the largest surviving example of a painted wooden ceiling from the Middle Ages.
Peterborough Museum is the city's most haunted building - you can join in a ghost tour if you dare! The East of England Showground is the premier events venue in Cambridgeshire and East Anglia.
Peterborough has many more excellent local attractions including Nene Valley Railway, Dry Slope Skiing, Butterfly Park, Duxford Imperial War Museum & Burghley House – the home of Burghley Horse Trials.. The Holiday Inn Express Peterborough is an excellent location for guests visiting Cambridge, Newmarket Racecourse, Cheffin sales at Ely, Stansted Airport, Nottingham, Leicester and Stamford. Virtually on the border with East Anglia, it is also an excellent base for exploring the Norfolk Broads.
PLACES OF INTEREST
Peterborough Arena at the East of England Showground
Home of LAMMA, Truckfest, Festival of Antiques, BMF, Modified Nationals, Faith Camp, Equifest, CropTec, Smithfield Festival, Motorhome Show, National Festival of Railway Modelling and many more!
Peterborough Greyhound Stadium
The Cresset Theatre
Nene Valley Railway
Vivacity Bushfield Leisure Centre
Peterborough Football Club
Elton Furze Golf Club
USEFUL LINKS AND DISTANCES
- East of England Showground (0 KM / 0 MI )
- Ferry Meadow Country Park (3 KM / 1.86 MI )
- Railworld (5 KM / 3.11 MI )
- Nene Valley Steam Railway (5 KM / 3.11 MI )
- Thorpe Hall (5 KM / 3.11 MI )
- Peterborough Cathedral (6 KM / 3.73 MI )
- Flag Fen Bronze Age Excavation (9 KM / 5.59 MI )
- Burghley House (16 KM / 9.94 MI )
- Duxford Imperial War Museum ( 75 KM / 46 MI )
- Newmarket Racecourse (75km / 50 MI )